1. Project Title : A PROJECT ONREHABILITATION OF RESCUED GIRL CHILDRENATASHA KIRAN SHELTER HOME, FUDI KHUNTI DISTRICT
2. Date of starting the Project : 1st March, 2014 to 31st March. 2015
3. Identification of Project Block/ Dist. / State:
3.1Identification of project area:
In Khunti district the plight of children and young girls is miserable. They are still far away from mainstream lifestyle and society. The most painful result of this Human – Socio- econo – ethno backwardness results in trafficking of female child for medieval reasons and practices. The vicious cycle of Female Human trafficking is fostered due to following causes:
- Poor economic Standards
- Lack of Skills & Education
- Ecological Factors
- Socio cultural factors
- Absence of local aspirations and efforts to rehabilitation.
The figures of female human trafficking in Khunti are alarming and the saga of each victim heartrending. This is where “Asha Kiran” positions its focus working in the area of education, health, soci0- economic development, Domestic worker & Anti trafficking. To rehabilitate, restore and resurrect the lives and prestige of girl children in “Khunti”.
Shelter Home works primarily:
- To protect and safeguard the rights of exploited and victimized children and women after their rescue.
- Provide empathetic counseling to victims in distress.
- Rehabilitate the victims socially and economically through formal education, promoting self reliance, life-skill training, personality development and behavioral rectification wherever called for.
3.2Thematic Area of Action:
Child trafficking is not merely confined to trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation but can be organ transplants, begging etc. the situation is more critical in Khunti district due to above mentioned fiver components of the vicious cycle.
The situation is due to Unemployment, Low female literacy, Poverty. Lack of knowledge of government schemes, Agriculture based economy & lack of irrigational facilities, Lack of skills, orthodox mindset , insecure environment for children, Administrative hassles, Strong patriarchal society and unsafe migration leading to trafficking, Naxalite prone Area.
Thematic Area of Action: Rehabilitate the rescued girl children by developing vocational skills with an objective to empower them so as to lead a quality life in future.
We aim to rehabilitate, restore and resurrect the lives and prestige of girl children in “Khunti” district. Our core focus is to bring in increased Local aspirations towards Girl child and run a unique Center of Rehabilitation.
The project is for developing the life skills of adolescent girls, there is a need for hostels with subsidized boarding and lodging facilities which will retain them in school and discourage early marriage because parents often push young girls into marriage as parents consider the education of girls a waste.
3.3 Goal & Objective:
The aim of the project is to rehabilitate the rescued girl children by developing vocational skills with an objective to empower them so as to lead a quality life in future.
• To empower the girls and build their self-esteemed
• To promote awareness on girl child about their rights
• To improve the status of the girl child by skill building and giving them a platform to perform
• To provide them learning and discussion opportunities and access to information, along with some employment related skills
• Inclusion of life skills, health and education.
Download the detailed report here – Revisedm Report 2